Fiddle Tunes NOW!
Don Julin, author of the best-selling Mandolin For Dummies (Wiley 2012), and founder of Mandolins Heal The World (www.mandolinshealtheworld.com) is regarded as one of the top mandolin instructors on the scene today. His workshops, classes, or private lessons feature a hands-on approach focusing on developing good left and right hand coordination, along with a dose of ear training and music theory.
Learning to play fiddle tunes is an essential part of becoming a good mandolin player. While these catchy little melodies are fun to play and sound great on the mandolin, they are also a great way to develop good left and right-hand techniques. Don Julin will be offering a six-week fiddle tune workshop on ZOOM starting January 5, 2021. You will learn a standard fiddle tune each week, beginning with the melody, followed by chords & rhythm patterns. A bonus section will focus on improvisation, variations, or possible harmony parts.
Week 1: Whiskey Before Breakfast
Week 2: The Red-Haired Boy
Week 3: The Girl I Left Behind
Week 4: St Anne's Reel
Week 5: Over The Waterfall
Week 6: Liberty
The course includes:
• Six weekly Live 90-minute workshop sessions
• Access to recording of all workshop ZOOM sessions
• PDFs with standard notation, tablature, and chord diagrams
• Practice tracks
Live sessions include:
• Learning the melody (one phrase at a time)
• Learning the chords and the rhythm pattern
• Tips on how to learn and practice tunes
• Tips on improvisations, variations, harmonizations.
• Live Q & A
• Student open mic
Live sessions will be at 7:00 pm EST.
Six Tuesday Evenings
January 5 - February 9, 2021
I hope to see you there.